The Youth Commission is responsible for advising IFRC Governance and National Societies on matters that relate to young people. It promotes the implementation of the Youth Policy and seeks youth opinions worldwide to ensure that youth voices are heard within the Movement.
The commission is made up of young volunteers and staff of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. There is a chairperson and eight members, all under 31 years old at their appointment, which is for a four year term. Appointments are made at alternating IFRC General Assemblies. The current Youth Commission was appointed at the General Assembly in 2011.
- Ms. Ashanta Osborne-Moses – Guyana
- Ms. Salimata Konan – Côte d’Ivoire
- Mr. Geoffrey Korir – Kenya
- Mr. Michael Joseph – Antigua and Barbuda
- Ms. Sandy Tesch Wilkins – USA
- Ms. Salam Khorshid – Syria
- Mr. Abdullah Al Razwan – Bangladesh
- Mr. Mads Espersen – Denmark
- Mr. Milan Mirkovic – Serbia